Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh, another blog!

The Center for Civic Education has various resources for sale, including student texts, multimedia files, and other publications. Professionally, they offer seminars, training, conferences, summer institutes, etc. all throughout the country (including SC!). I might consider joining this organization because its basic principle is so dear to mine: that students should be educated as citizens of the world, ready to change society for the better; however, I dislike that you have to pay for all the major resources and that there is no lesson plan, which would help me a lot as a student teacher. I also looked into a group called Teaching Tolerance, which I liked a lot. I think I’d be more likely to join this group, since it has so many awesome lesson plans and ideas and activities for free, as well as interesting articles and publications available online. At the same time, though, it stays true to my core education philosophy of civic education. It is an organization created to teach students about disparities in the world and their country/state, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Great research. I love the site Teaching Tolerance. I buy so many resources from there. Thanks for reminding me of this so I can add it to our list.

    ReplyDelete